Wednesday, August 14, 2013

He chuckled "hard as it may to be believe...yes. I do have a heart. Oh ,I meant... I did have a heart"

"So what happened to you?" I asked him.

He snorted "I've blocked out some memories so I can't really tell you".

"But you just said you had your fair share of love and heartache. Surely you must remember some things".

"If you lose, don't lose the lesson". He murmured. "I may have chosen to forget the incidences that tore me apart, but I don't forget the lessons they taught me. So though I may not tell you what happened to me exactly, I can still give you advice".

"Okay knock yourself out big brother". I said sarcastically.

"Hey, I have known you since you were a kid. We grew up together. We may not be related by blood, but guess what, I'm the only brother you've ever known".

"Yeah and Geena was the only sister I ever knew and look what she did to me..." I said glumly.

"At least we've never been best friends when we were growing up. You used to hate me".

"What makes you think I still don't hate you?" . I raised a brow at him.

"Fair enough" he said coolly. "At least you don't expect me to be nice. If I say that hurt your feelings, remember that I've always been like that".

"You're the first one that taught me how to be immune. To tune it all out".

"Yes. But you are not a very good student, are you?" He asked.

"Why do you say that?"

"Because that's what you should be doing now. Tuning out. I don't think you know how to do that".

I sighed. " There are times that I thought I can. But then again, it gets so hard. It was painful." Tears started rolling down my cheeks. " It's still painful".

"I know" he said. "Don't think that it will go away soon. Physically, it hurts, like your chest aches. You know that's why they call it a heart break. Because you feel like your heart is breaking. It's not just an emotional pain, it's a physical pain too. And you have to face it, Ash. There is no running away from it".

"I know. But it's difficult not to remember. You know,I didn't only lose a boyfriend or a fiancé for that. I also lost a best friend. Geena has been there most of my childhood . She was a sister. And I can't get over the fact that the two people I loved and trusted most will do this to me".

"Geena has always been liberated. You know that. You were the only person in the world who trusted her too much. When we were growing up, I thought she was a spoilt brat. But you worshipped the land she walked on. She made out with one of the guys you dated in high school, one hour after you broke up with him